Welcome to MAJ (Makeup Junkies Anonymous).
My name is Lindsey, and I'm a makeup addict (Hiii Lindseyyy...).
Now that this meeting has started, let me start by saying, I come by it honestly.
Growing up I would drool over my mom's enormous makeup drawer. Not literally because that's gross. But I would play with all the different lipsticks, eye shadows and blushes. Truth be told... I still do!
Then when I got to college, living in a sorority house enabled me to try out a bunch of different products. I've found that more money doesn't ALWAYS mean better quality. So here are my favorites!
1. Urban Decay Eye Shadow Pallet in "Naked 3" - I have blue eyes so I typically stick with browns, golds and taupes - making this pallet perfect for me! I discovered it through my friend while we were all getting ready for a wedding. All the colors are beautiful, and it's high pigment meaning you don't need to put a ton on so it lasts for a long time.
2. NARS blush/bronzer duo in "Orgasm" & "Laguna"
- This is the BEST by far. Both colors look so natural together, like you just got off the beach. If you don't want to float the dough - there's also a cheaper version by e.l.f.
The bronzer is very similar, but the blush is a little pinker, so I just use it sparingly.
3. O.P.I. nail polish in "Lincoln Park After Dark" - Been wearing this color for years. It looks a little more purple in the picture than it does on my nails. Two coats give you a deep purple color which I find gorgeous!
4. Lancome Liquid Eyeliner - I've tried a lot of different liquid eyeliners and this one is by far my favorite. The applicator tip is just fine enough so you don't have to be an artist to make it look good. It also stays on all day long.
5.Maybeline's "The Colossal" Volume Mascara - I've had expensive mascaras from the makeup counter and cheaper versions from the drug store but, I keep coming back to this. Every girl in my group of friends uses this. It makes your eyelashes super thick and lengthens at the same time. I don't know why, but it seems like it adds some curl too. I never use an eyelash curler when I use this product.
6. Revlon Photo Ready Foundation - With my job, I go through foundation pretty quickly. So, I don't like to spend an arm and a leg on it. This one has great coverage without breaking the bank. It also looks great in pictures.
7. "High Beam" highlighter by Benefit - You know how J.Lo always looks so dewy in all her photos? This is what High Beam does for you. (Although it won't give you her bangin' bod or gorgeous hair - bummer). I like to swipe a little on my cheeks and in the corners of my eyes.
8. MAC lipstick in "Velvet Teddy - If you're looking for the perfect nude shade this is it. I'm actually out of it right now, but love it so much I use a lip brush to dig color out of the bottom of the tube. Fun tip: there's a lot more product in the bottom! I haven't needed to buy a new tube in a month and a half.
Thanks for stopping by!
Labels: Beauty, cheaper, dupes, eye shadow, fashion blogger, lancome, lindsey simon, lipstick nude, MAC, makeup, maybeline, nars, nomis niche, tips, tricks